A Team Dedicated to Success
The employees of Sunrise Cooperative, a leading agricultural and energy cooperative located in Ohio, begin each day dedicated to focusing their expertise on growing our customer-owner's success. We provide team-based solutions across multiple platforms including agronomy, grain, energy, feed, precision agriculture and crop nutrition through PCT | Sunrise.
Our employee onboarding program is focused on RISE, Recruiting Innovative Sunrise Employees. We strive to build our team around individuals who are creative, out of the box thinkers that have a desire to be successful and evolve their career.
Does this sound like you? Whether you're looking for a full-time, part-time, or internship opportunity you'll find what you need here.
RISE FFA Career Program
Sunrise Cooperative, Inc. is pleased to announce its 2023 RISE FFA Career Program recipients. Slated to join Sunrise as full-time employees following graduation are Bryce Parsons from Hillsboro FFA, Megan Kimbler of Indian Lake FFA, Troy Homan from New Bremen FFA, Antonio Lucio from Clyde FFA, Grace Montgomery of New London FFA, Zoe Gifford of Firelands FFA, Luke Brunke from Miami East FFA, Abraham Decker from Upper Scioto Valley FFA, along with South Central FFA members Gage Lauderman and Derick Murray.
In addition to full-time employment, Bryce Parsons was selected as the top recipient and will receive a 2022 Jeep Gladiator, that the 2022-2023 Ohio FFA President Aubrey Swartz drove during her tenure, as a signing bonus. Along with his top honor, he earned a $1,000 FFA chapter donation from Sunrise.
Candidates for the RISE FFA Career Program needed to be a 2023 high school graduate that were active with their FFA chapter. They had to submit an application, along with an essay on: How the FFA has prepared you for a career with Sunrise Cooperative. The Ohio FFA Foundation reviewed and interviewed the applicants and made the selection of the recipient for a full-time position with Sunrise upon graduation.
This position requires a four-year commitment. The first two years will be spent rotating through different divisions learning about Sunrise Cooperative. Following the introductory two years, the individual will be evaluated and placed into a position based on their interest/expertise for the remainder of their commitment at Sunrise. At the end of the four-year commitment the individual will be assessed to determine their future with Sunrise.
The individual chosen for this position in 2023 will receive a new Jeep Gladiator truck as a signing bonus. The home chapter of the hired recipient will receive $1,000 to help enhance their local FFA program.
The application will open for 2024 graduating seniors Fall 2023.
Sunrise Cooperative offers a diverse and lucrative compensation and benefits package to all full-time employees. As a member of the Sunrise Cooperative team you receive:
- Bi-weekly, direct deposit pay
- Benefit package offers:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Illness Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) allotted at hiring
- Profit sharing based on company profitability
• Learn about the products and services offered, along operational procedures of the Sunrise agronomy, energy and precisions teams.
• Lead the scouting efforts on fields assigned. Fill out required forms and provide a scouting report to the agronomy team on a routine basis.
• Gain precision ag experience through soil and tissue sampling, analyzing results and making recommendations, as well as sales/installation of precision equipment.
• Develop marketing knowledge of products through placement of field signs and participating in regional grower, sales and operation meetings.
• Expand operations management knowledge in planning, logistics, labor management and dispatching. • Educate farmers on risk management programs offered by Sunrise including VantagePointe®, Input Financing, Fertilizer Grain Ratio Program, etc.
• Enhance knowledge around crop nutrition, crop production, biologicals and seed treatment products developed and sold through our PCT | Sunrise® brand.
• Provide excellent customer service and assist customers as needed.
• Learn and experience the propane side of our energy business.
• Complete a summer project and present it to the Sunrise leadership team. All interns who present a project have the opportunity to receive a Sunrise scholarship. One scholarship will be awarded.